Tuesday, 20 February 2018

Why do solicitors need professional indemnity insurance?

Solicitors need Professional Indemnity insurance because their work is advice-related.  They give their clients advice about a whole range of legal matters, so the chances of a claim for professional negligence or wrongful advice is quite high.  It is essential for solicitors to carry Professional Indemnity insurance and the majority of them are insured with Lloyds of London.
If you have an insurance query, the professional and friendly staff at Westralian Insurance are here to help.  Call them on (08) 9302 1388, or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au

Wednesday, 31 January 2018

What is professional indemnity?

Professional indemnity covers errors and omissions associated with wrongful advice or designs.  It covers an individual or company against claims for professional negligence.  PI cover is very important for any business that relies on their advice such as consultants, brokers, solicitors etc.  It is also important for design businesses as claims for faulty designs can lead to a third party suffering financial loss which triggers a PI claim.
Westralian Insurance can answer your questions on Professional Indemnity and other insurance policies, ultimately providing the best insurance solution for your business.
Call us today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au

Wednesday, 6 December 2017

Do I need income protection insurance?
Income Protection is a very useful policy covering your income in the event of illness or injury preventing you from being able to work.  It often covers up to 80% of your income, paid either weekly or monthly, depending on the policy wording.  The main way that Income Protection differs from Workers Compensation, is that it does not have to be a work-related injury or illness in order for you to claim.  However, medical expenses are not covered in the same way as Workers Compensation, only your ongoing income or wages are insured.

If you are thinking about taking out Income Protection, it’s important to speak to a specialist insurance broker who has the relevant licence to sell this type of insurance policy.

Westralian Insurance can assist, referring you to a trusted, income protection specialist.  Call us today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au

Wednesday, 22 November 2017

What are the insurance must-haves bricklayers?
A bricklayer’s primary must-have policy is Public Liability, which covers third party personal injury or damage to property during the course of their manual labouring work. 
Bricklayers should also consider insuring their Tools of Trade anywhere in Australia.  A good Tools of Trade policy will include theft from the open air and theft from unattended motor vehicles which is a common occurrence in the construction industry.
Workers Compensation insurance must also be taken out for any bricklayers with employees.  Bricklayers should also include any sole trader subcontractors who work for them, under their Workers Compensation policy, as sole traders are not able to obtain Workers Compensation for themselves.
There's a lot to think about!  For more information, contact the knowledgeable and friendly staff at Westralian Insurance on (08) 9302 1388...or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au

Wednesday, 1 November 2017

What are the insurance must-haves for architects and designers?

If you are an architect or designer, should consider Professional Indemnity a must-have policy.  This will protect you against claims for professional errors associated with your designs, which can often lead to costly financial losses for a third party.  Public Liability is also a risk if you come into contact with the public.  Finally, Workers Compensation should also be taken out for any architects or designers with employees.

For professional advice from a fully qualified insurance broker, call Westralian Insurance today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au  Our staff will take the time to get to know your business and requirements, tailoring a complete insurance solution for your business.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017

What insurance do I need as a subcontractor?

The main exposure for any subcontractor is Public Liability, which is third party property damage or personal injury.  Many contractors working in the construction industry need to show proof of Public Liability Insurance before they can commence work.  The level of cover usually has to match that of their principal contractor. 

Subcontractors working in any design, advisory or consultancy-type roles should also consider Professional Indemnity, to cover professional errors relating to their advice and/or designs.  Workers Compensation is also a legal requirement for any subcontractors who have employees.

Westralian Insurance can answer your questions, as well as provide a complete insurance solution, tailored to your individual requirements!  Call the friendly professionals today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au

Wednesday, 4 October 2017

What insurance does a massage therapist need?

Massage therapists are in constant contact with the public, and therefore Public Liability would be their biggest risk to insure.  Some massage therapists set themselves up in shopping centres and must have a minimum of $20 million Public Liability to work there.  If the massage therapist business has a physical address from which they operate, they should consider a Business Package policy to cover Contents, Stock, Glass and possibly Business Interruption to cover their income in the event of a claim.  Workers Compensation is also a legal requirement for any massage therapists who have employees working for them.

If you have insurance questions, Westralian Insurance can help!  Our staff are fully qualified and undertake ongoing training to remain abreast of legislation and insurer updates.

Call today on (08) 9302 1388 or visit www.westralianinsurance.com.au!